Supervisor: Dining Supervisor
Servers are responsible for ensuring a satisfying dining experience for residents and their guests. They perform a variety of tasks including, table set-up, taking food orders, food delivery and follow-up.
- Complete all opening and closing duties designated on the daily “duties list.”
- Review specials, take food orders, and relay orders to kitchens or serving counters so they can be filled.
- Monitor food distribution, ensuring that meals are delivered to the correct recipients and that guidelines, such as those for special diets, are followed.
- Place food servings on plates or trays according to orders or instructions.
- Prepare food items, such as sandwiches, salads, soups, or beverages (depending on location).
- Periodically check tables to assess overall satisfaction and provide for additional requests.
- Remove trays and stack dishes for return to kitchen after meals are finished or as dishes are no longer needed.
- Clean or sterilize dishes, kitchen utensils, equipment, or facilities.
- Ensure dining room is clean and reset after meal service in preparation for the next meal.
- Stock serving stations or dining areas with food or supplies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Skills:
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate safe practices by utilizing tools and equipment according to instruction and applying proper body mechanics while engaging in physical activity.
- Prior experience in a dining and/or customer service setting preferred.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Portions of work may be performed within confined kitchen quarters with high temperatures.
- Perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as lifting, balancing, walking, standing, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push and pull up to 50 lbs.
- Position requires long periods of standing.
- Occasional overtime may be required
I have read and understand the job description listed above as it pertains to my position at EastView at Middlebury.
Employee Signature Date