Position: Resident Care Assistant
Supervisor: Health Services Director
The Resident Care Assistant (RCA) implements care in a manner that maintains a nurturing environment and supports the health and independence of the residents. RCAs use primary care assignments to provide resident-centered care to support each resident’s activities of daily living. RCAs use their care-giving skills to ensure the physical and cognitive wellbeing of residents, as well as their emotional and social wellbeing.
- Administer bedside or personal care, such as ambulation, personal hygiene assistance, and meal time assistance. Assist individuals with special needs. Answer resident call signals to determine resident’s needs.
- Perform healthcare-related tasks, such as monitoring vital signs and medication administration and documentation (as appropriate), under the direction of registered nurses.
- Entertain, converse with, or engage in other activities with residents to keep them both physically and mentally healthy and alert.
- Prepare and maintain records of resident progress and services performed, reporting problems and changes in resident condition to manager or supervisor.
- Perform housekeeping duties, such as changing resident linens, washing clothes or dishes, and cleaning.
- Accompany residents on outings to provide assistance, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Skills:
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to assess the needs of others and actively look for ways to help.
- Able to use medical equipment, adaptive equipment, and all tools associated with clinical practice.
- Demonstrate safe practices by utilizing tools and equipment according to instruction and applying proper body mechanics while engaging in physical activity, with a focus on proper lifting, transferring, repositioning of residents.
- High school diploma or equivalent plus a minimum of one year’s experience with hands-on direct care required. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Work is performed in standard office and home settings.
- Perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as lifting, balancing, walking, standing, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push and pull up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional overtime may be required.