Job Description – Application Support Specialist
EastView at Middlebury is an 9-year-old senior living facility located in Middlebury, Vermont. We offer a variety of living options including independent living, residential care and memory care on 40 beautiful acres adjacent to Middlebury College. As we advance our vision to be a hub of vitality for our regions’ seniors, we are expanding our team.
EastView is seeking an experienced Application Support Specialist to help scope, deploy and manage the growing number of software applications in EV’s environment. Having the demonstrated ability to successfully provide end user support is a critical component of this role. The position reports to the Executive Director/CEO.
In this newly created role, the Application Support Specialist will function as EastView’s in-house technology resource. This role has two main elements:
- System support: The Specialist will become an expert in our systems and provide support to staff in the full utilization of our systems’ capabilities. The core operational systems include emergency call system, EMAR (electronic medication administration records), payroll system and CMMS (computerized maintenance management system). It is anticipated that new applications will be launched and significant upgrades will be needed within the next year; this role will support the successful execution of that work, working directly with the application vendors.
- End user device support for staff and general technology resource for residents: For staff, the Specialist will perform initial triage on issues in the desktop and printing environment, opening tickets with our managed services company as needed. For residents, the Specialist will provide technology support, helping them with issues using their mobile devices and computers, e.g. learning how to download an app, instruction on how to participate in a Facetime or Zoom call, helping install email on a smart phone, etc. This support is strictly functional and does not include break fix or repair.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain strong functional and technical knowledge of EastView’s applications
- Serve as the liaison with third-party vendors as needed to resolve issues
- Ensure effective front end and back end functionality of applications, working with vendors and end users
- Support the scoping/launch and upgrade of applications, operating as EV’s technical resource
- Train users on specific applications and document creation
- Develop and implement a solution to provide support for residents’ use of their mobile devices and computers; hands on and/or training classes
- Other tasks as required
The successful candidate will:
- Have technical aptitude and ability to understand technical and functional concepts quickly
- Have demonstrated ability to convey technology concepts clearly and effectively to a wide variety of people with varying technology skills
- Be detail oriented, self-directed, and have proven problem solving skills
- Possess superior communication and interpersonal skills with a variety of organizational audiences
- Have organizational and planning skills to meet deadlines
- Be empathetic and customer centric
Essential Qualifications and Competencies:
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business, or other related discipline required;
- 2+ years of experience in a related role or position
- Relevant experience working with vendors preferred
- High level technical experience in MS Office applications, video conferencing and other current technical applications such as Zoom, and database management systems and applications required;
- Must possess high level interpersonal skills and be an energetic and collaborative team player with a “can do” attitude;
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner by gathering, analyzing, and synthesizing information;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be very well organized with high level ability to plan, prioritize, multi-task, and take initiative and manage multiple deadlines
- Must have high degree of reliability and follow through
* U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is an absolute requirement
In addition to a collaborative and friendly work environment, EastView values diverse, energetic, and enthusiastic team players who are committed to high levels of performance and dedicated to delivering superior service on behalf o9 our community.
EastView at Middlebury offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, and a SIMPLE IRA retirement plan.
To be considered, applicants must submit the following as part of this on-line application process:* A letter of application explaining individual qualifications and competencies for this opportunity
* A current resume in reverse chronological format
* A list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference
EastView at Middlebury is an equal opportunity employer.
EastView is committed to advancing a supportive and rewarding workplace. We offer a work environment that depends on teamwork and is filled with opportunities to share joy and friendship while assisting others in their own homes and throughout our community. And at the end of your work day, you’ll leave with the satisfaction of meaningful work on behalf of others.
In addition, EastView provides a competitive wage structure. In January 2020, we raised our starting minimum hourly wage to $12.50/hour (Vermont’s minimum hourly wage is at $10.96/hour. ) Other benefits include:
Health Services Account
Paid Time Off
Come explore how you might share your talents. The following positions are currently available:
Part-time, Temporary, and On-Call Employment
Due to the number of individuals in the area who have been laid off or displaced due to business and school closings or work slow-downs as a result of the growing concerns with the Coronavirus (COVID-19), EastView is now accepting expressions of interest from job seekers who are interested in working Part-time, Temporary, or On-Call in all functional areas of our facility. We believe we may have interim meaningful work to offer qualified individuals until you are able to resume your former employment.
If you have experience and an interest in joining our team in any of the capacities below, we want to hear from you.
Residential Care: RNs, LPNs, LNAs / Residential Care Assistants
Culinary Staff: Servers, Dishwashers, Food Prep
Housekeeping and Laundry Staff
Concierge / Front Desk Staff
Maintenance and Grounds Staff
Apply for one or more of these positions at:
RESIDENTIAL CARE ASSISTANT
Employment Options: Full and Part-Time Shifts (Evening and Night)
The Resident Care Assistant (RCA) participates as a key member of the health care team implementing care in a manner that maintains a nurturing environment and supports the health and independence of the residents. RCAs use primary care assignments to provide resident-centered care to support each resident’s activities of daily living. RCAs use their care-giving skills to ensure the physical and cognitive well-being of residents, as well as their emotional and social well-being.
Apply for this Position